1 About us
1.1 Why Zest?
Zest Kitchen Shop is a family-owned, local business, operating since 2012. We appreciate that you have many options where you can spend your money. We strive every day to provide you with exceptional service, and to give you knowledgeable and objective advice. Each item in our shop is carefully selected with a discerning eye for quality, style and function, with the hopes that when chosen for your kitchen, you will enjoy using it for years to come.
2.1 What delivery options do you offer?
We offer the following delivery options:
- Store pick-up, anytime during our regular business hours
- Free shipping in Ontario and Quebec on orders over $125, $20.00 shipping fee for orders under $125.
Please provide any special instructions for delivery by adding a note at checkout.
Note: Free shipping does not apply to items that don't meet regular shipping requirements (ie. oversized, extra-heavy items).
2.2 How long does it take to process my order?
We are working hard to get your order to you as soon as possible!
Orders are processed within 1-2 business days.
We ship by Canada Post Expedited Parcel unless the size or weight of the order requires courier service.
2.3 When will my order be ready for in-store pick-up?
You can pick-up your order within our hours of operation.
If your order is placed within our hours of operation, it will be ready for pick-up in approximately one hour from the time the order is placed (sometimes less).
In general, orders placed after 3pm will be ready for pick-up when Zest opens the next business day.
2.4 Do you gift wrap?
Yes! We are running our holiday gift wrapping fundraising campaign!
In exchange for a donation to our local hospital we are offering a gift wrapping service! We provide beautiful paper, ribbon and our gift-wrapping expertise. :) 100% of the money you donate will go to Hospice of Prince Edward.
We suggest a $4 donation for each gift you would like to wrap no matter how large! Please add “Gift Wrap Donation–Hospital” to your cart and in the comment section at checkout, please let us know who the gift is for so we can wrap and label your gift appropriately.
Please also provide a message to the recipient and we will include your message in a Zest Kitchen Shop card with the item. If you prefer, we also sell a selection of cards into which we can add your message.
We will share how much was raised on our website and on social media after Christmas. Thank you so much for supporting our local hospice!
2.5 Is everything on your website in stock?
Everything shown online is available; however, in the rare occasion there may be a discrepancy. If there is a discrepancy, we will contact you to give you an alternate option, a full refund or we may be able to order the item in and get it to you as soon as possible.
2.6 What payment methods do you accept?
We accept payment by Visa, Mastercard or American Express. Your data is secured with end-to-end encryption, so you can trust that shopping on our webshop is safe.
3.1 What is your return policy?
Your satisfaction is very important to us. If there is a problem with your purchase, you may return your item to Zest Kitchen Shop for a store credit or refund provided it is in unused, saleable condition. We do not refund or exchange special orders, items marked as Final Sale or Clearance, seasonal items (ie. Christmas) or food or perishable items.
All items must be returned within 14 days of delivery for a refund. Returns past our time guidelines are at the discretion of the management, and need to be pre-approved prior to shipping. Please note that all shipping fees are not refundable.
Contact us at [email protected] so that we can approve your return and provide instructions on how to proceed.
Once your return has been approved, please ship it to the following address:
Zest Kitchen Shop
192 Main St
Unless arranged by management, return shipping fees are the responsibility of the purchaser. Zest Kitchen Shop is not responsible for items lost or damaged during return shipping.
Please return the items to Zest Kitchen Shop in the same condition they were sent to you. Pack the items securely in their original product packaging to help minimize the risk of damage during shipping. We will notify you via e-mail once we've received and processed the returned item.
4 Gift Registries / Wishlists
4.1 How do I create a gift registry/wishlist?
You can visit us to browse the shop at your leisure and get one-on-one guidance in creating your registry. Or, you can create your registry online!
4.2 How do I create a gift registry/wishlist online?
To create a new gift registry/wishlist, you need to login to your customer account. If you don’t have an account, we ask that you create one.
Once logged in, in the account menu you should see a link for “My Gift Registries”. Click that, then on the page that loads, click “Create a New Registry” button.
In the form that loads, fill in the following fields:
- Registry Name: Title the registry as you like. This will show as the registry’s name to anyone looking for the registry.
- Active: If checked, your registry will show in search results (if you made your registry public).
- Public or Private:
- Public: available to anyone, shows in the search results when searching registries
- Private: does not show up in search results. A URL link is provided after saving your registry that you can give to friends and family so that they can view your registry.
- Registry Type: choose from “Wedding”, “Wedding Shower”, “Housewarming”, “Birthday”, “Other”
- Event Name: Enter a name for the event this registry is for.
- Event Date: If event for this registry is occurring on a particular date/time, set that here. The registry will no longer show to public after the event date has passed.
- Event Description: Describe the event this registry is for.
- Registrant Name: Your name, or the name of the primary person this registry is created for.
- Registrant Email: The email address that should be notified when an item is purchased for this registry.
- Co-Registrant Name: Commonly used for spouses name (if wedding).
Once you’ve filled out the required fields, click “Save Changes”. The registry will be created and you’ll be forwarded to the “Manage” page for the registry. You can now add items to the registry.
4.3 How do I add items to my registry?
To add items to a registry, simply browse the catalog on the online store. When you find an item you want to add to the registry, click to view the product’s details page. There will be an “Add to My Registry” link below the product’s description. Clicking this will display a couple fields:
- “Select a registry to add this item to:” Choose the registry that you would like to add this item to. This field is required as you can have multiple registries set up at the same time.
- “How many of this item do you want?:” Enter the quantity of this item that you would like. This amount will show up as the “Quantity Wanted” amount on your registry.
Once you’ve selected the registry and entered the amount you would like, click “Add to Selected Registry Now”. The item will now be listed on the registry you selected.
4.4 Managing an existing registry
Need to edit one of your registries? Simply login to your customer account on the online store, then go to “My Gift Registries” (a link in the account menu). This will list any registries in your account. You can delete the registries in the list using the “Delete Registry” button, or click on the registry’s name to edit it.
When editing a registry, you can manage the items assigned under the “Products” tab. This displays any products you’ve added to this registry. You can update the quantity wanted for each item (change the quantity, then click outside the field and change will be auto saved), or remove an item from the registry using the “Remove from Registry” button.
To edit a registry’s info, click on the “Details” tab where you can edit any of the fields you first set when creating the registry.
To view a log of items ordered from this registry, click the “Orders” tab.
To view a log of any changes made to this registry, click the “History” tab.