Join Our Team
Part-time Sales Assistant
Zest Kitchen Shop is dedicated to people who love to cook. We are passionate about high quality, functional products and delivering friendly, personalized customer service.
Zest Kitchen Shop’s Sales Assistants are at the heart of our customer experience. Zest Sales Assistants have an interest in food, cooking and are friendly, outgoing and passionate about service.
- Creating a welcoming shopping environment to customers.
- Recommending products based on customer needs and desires.
- Describing features, benefits, and care of products to customers.
- Maintaining knowledge of current sales and promotions.
- Maintaining knowledge of store policies regarding sales, returns and exchanges, and product warranty processes.
- Staying on top of new developments in kitchen tools, cooking trends, including competitor product selection and pricing.
- Handle cash and credit sales, and balancing out till at the end of the day.
- Assist with product merchandising and creating window displays.
- Assist with receiving and storing inventory and inventory management.
- Uploading new products in the POS and webstore.
- Downloading and fulfilling webstore orders.
- Packaging and arranging shipment of web orders.
- Maintaining knowledge of loss prevention processes.
- Assist with maintaining a clean and tidy store environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills, high emotional quotient (EQ).
- Sales experience an asset.
- Strong computer literacy, comfortable learning new computer applications (ie. POS software). Proficiency with MAC OS and Microsoft Word required.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move items, up to 20 pounds, while using appropriate safety techniques.
Drop off your resume at Zest Kitchen Shop at 192 Main St, Picton (attention: Jenny Otsuka) or e-mail resume to: [email protected]